.

Thursday, March 21, 2019

I Was Not a Feminist :: Reflective Writing Education Essays

I Was Not a feministI am not a feminist.I do not go to feminist r all(prenominal)ies, burn my bra (although I dont unendingly wear one), olfactory modality hatred towards men, nor do I spend absolute hours with my sisters figuring out musical modes to tear gas abortion protestors or concocting tortuous plots to abolish the radical right.I am a libertarian who exercises her right to suffrage and always does her taxes.I read Adrienne Rich and Allen Ginsberg and Ayn Rand and James Joyce with equal fervor.I listen to Tori Amos and Dar Williams and tutelage and Metallica.I do not listen to Ani DiFranco I find her music in like manner feminist.I believe John Milton, a dead white male, changed the way western literature relates to philosophy and religion.Stupid male humor amuses me, and I am happy to cook and clean for my boyfriend because I know if I dont, he bequeath eat Wendys and his house will smell bad.I am a baseball fanatic, and get by hockey and college basketball.Softbal l bores me, and womens basketball is not nearly as exciting as mens.I enjoyed being the only woman at fraternity Super arena parties.I could never not eat red meat because I love the taste of a well-cooked cow.All of these things, I stimulate been taught, do not assign me as a feminist. So why do I feel now that these categorizations should not matter?Is it because now I sense all things I am, not the categorizations, are feminist methods of thinking and acting? to begin with I realized it, I was not only a feminist, entirely also exercising a feminist pedagogy when teaching opus.Teaching writing is a chance to help students recognize that they, too, can write intellectually about a topic they are interested in and be excited about it.As a social-expressivist tutor, I try to work in a non-directive way, engaging my students in open-ended conversations that lead them to answering their take questions and clarifying their own ideas.When I teach writing, Ive had students do eve rything from fellow critique to creating movement from sentences to show them that everything is open to interpretation.I use Matisse to explain thesis.These practices in themselves are not necessarily feminist, but the theories behind them, for me, always have been. Bell hooks writes in Talking Back that feminist schooling ? the feminist classroom ? is and should be a place where there is a sense of

No comments:

Post a Comment